Address

Address

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 63 Don't give up! Do your part and trust in heaven to do the rest!

Ahhhhh!! Where do I even begin?? This week has been SO full of blessings! Like. Wow!!!! It's insane!!!!!

For starters, we have received TEN SUPER SOLID REFERRALS this week!!! FIVE have been in the last 24 hours!!! Like, what the heck? I don't know about other missions but I've been averaging about 1 per week... MIRACLES!! And they're all from members/part member families! Man, craziness!

We have been working so dang hard. Up to this point I've considered myself a pretty dedicated, hard working missionary but MAN we got work DONE this week. We tripled the number of member present lessons we have as a mission standard of excellence and doubled sacrament attendance, baptismal dates, and progressing investigators! There's a quote on our wall back home. Totally going to botch it but it says something like as we do our best we allow the lord to enhance our efforts. TESTIMONY OF THAT, for sure. I've been trying to seek heavens help more and more and well, ask and ye shall receive. Who would've thought?

Cool experience this week to coincide with baptismal dates. Pretty sure I told you about Gordon. He's awesome. He's the prospector who knew just about nothing about Jesus Christ a month ago. Well. He's been wanting to do everything right so he hasn't agreed to a baptismal date because he wants to make sure he repents first and all that good stuff... You can't even be mad at that! But he's been progressing so well we didn't want to lose momentum so we planned a lesson at he church with him and grandpa where we would show him the font, the bible video of Jesus' baptism and then invite him to pray about baptism. We did exactly that, he received it well, the spirit was felt, and we parted ways....

So. We stay a couple more minutes at the church mingling with some of our favorite members (yup, the primary kids) and Gordon comes plowing back inside with an uneasy look on his face. We were concerned, asked what was wrong yada yada yada and he gets a really somber look on his face. "Well. I've been doing a lot of thinking" oh, no! He's dropping us!.... "And I was sitting in the truck just now, thinking 'what the heck are you doing, Gordy? YOU KNOW ITS TRUE. So I think I wanna do this baptism thing" ...... Ahhhh :'D the church is so true. We've still got some work to do but he has a date for next Saturday so we'll see. The lord has been working miracles thus far. Hopefully they won't stop! As Gordon walked out of church yesterday he said, "our goal is Gooder Gordy" :) crazy how the gospel and love of god can make even the stubbornest, least likely candidate a Gooder Gordy :)

Oh! Couch! So we got a part member referral yesterday at church that just moved in. We called em up immediately and set an appointment to see them Tuesday. We get home from church and our neighbor asks if we need a couch... We immediately thought of the family! With some help from unseen angels we moved the couch into our apartment. It'll be there til this afternoon til it's relocated to its more-needed home. But I gotta admit, it was nice to have a couch again :)

Oh, also have I mentioned how wonderful my comp is? Don't get on her bad side though. Her southern will come out and she might call you a heifer :)

The church is true. To close out, here's a quote Sis Sands found, I believe, by Lucy Mac Smith:
"I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am lifted up in prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed, will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary,
negotiate at the table with the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the
case of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me and when he returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me."

Don't give up! Do your part and trust in heaven to do the rest!
Les quiero!
Hermana Lund

Enviado desde mi iPad

1. Our favorite member has been experimenting with various bunt cakes for our weekly luncheons... this week's? Apple dapple
2-4. More on the miracle couch later... But a photo shoot was necessary, I promise.
5. Our weekly p day stop, city salads. Never actually gotten a salad there... But their chicken burgers are to DIE for!







No comments:

Post a Comment