Address

Address

Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 61 Learn to ask for help. Newsflash: It's helpful :)


Hola :)

Another good week! We worked super hard so that by the time we got to Friday we could just enjoy the half mission conference.

Oh yeah... We had another meeting in Tucson :) Half the mission. And Elder Foster from the 70 came :) he talked about how we can work more effectively with members to make missionary work a combined effort. It was awesome!

I think the theme for the weekend was "LEARN HOW TO ASK FOR HELP."
Mmmm. Not one of my strong points. But! Our investigator had a really bad tooth ache and she was not doing well at all. We asked two men in the wars if they could give her a blessing. They said yes! We asked our bishop (conveniently a dentist) if he would be able to help. He said yes and for free! We asked a couple if they could take her to the bishops dental office. They said yes! We asked a less active member if she could watch the kids during her appointment. She said yes! So many miracles fell into place with the help of the members. But I guess I didn't learn my lesson well enough.......

Sunday morning. We were running out the door to a meeting. I was thinking about crayons and coloring books to keep our investigator's daughter entertained during sacrament meeting. I closed the front door and froze. Yes. I had locked the key to the house and the key to the car inside. YEEEEEUP. That's when Hna Sands piped in and said she had been praying for patience. Mmm. The only thing worse that you praying for patience is your companion praying for patience..... So! We asked the mission housing coordinator for help. We asked the manager for help. We asked the ward mission leader for help. The bishops wife. Another member. The elders. Everybody and their mother. We were lovingly chauffeured around to and from church and the elders were able to break in and all was well.

Learn to ask for help. Newsflash. It's helpful :) We cannot do it alone. Our existence is due to a loving God. Our eternal victory is due to the sacrifice of a son. Don't try and do it alone.

Mosiah 24:14-15

13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.

14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

We all have burdens and there is a clear solution. Ask for help from above! I promise it works!

Les quiero mucho! Be good!
Hermana Lund

Enviado desde mi iPad


1. Our Spanish Ward mission leader and his family... And the elders.
2. Grandma Duke... And the elders.





1. One of our investigators makes THE BEST homemade toffee in the world!!!!! He showed us how :) if you're nice, I'll share the recipe.
2. The Tucson temple is coming along BEAUTIFULLY!!!
3. The YW had a girls camp fundraiser where they auctioned off cakes. Our bishop was nice enough to buy us a tres leches cake with strawberries on top! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm HEAVENLY.














No comments:

Post a Comment