Address

Address

Monday, December 28, 2015

Week 41 Christmas & New Years



Hola mi gente :)

Family!! It was so so nice to talk to you. It was weird. As soon as I hung up the call, I felt a certain part of my heart just die (that sounds a little dramatic but it was noticeable). It was kind of shocking and a little sad... But when you think about it that's what a lot of people experience when loved ones die and they don't know about the plan of salvation and such. It helped me recognize the clear,
tangible joy that comes from eternal families :) I love you all.

We had an amazing Christmas! Full of caroling, snowflake making, tamales, menudo, present giving and receiving, and everything in between! It was a wonderful, warm Christmas full of miracles :)

We did get to notice that Christmas tends to bring out the worst in people... That made the week a little interesting, trying to put out fires, learning to forgive, all that good stuff. But in the spirit of
Christmas, Jesus Christ makes all of that possible :)

There are lots of amazing things happening in our area! One of which happened yesterday. Our investigator brought her kids to church and her mom tagged along for the first time too! She loved it. But the thing that hit me was the daughters. We helped out in primary so I got to sit next to them during sharing time. I asked what they thought about church. The 9 year old, Margarita, said, "my favorite part is eating the bread and water." "How come?" I asked. I expected her to say it was yummy or something... "I just feel a connection... A connection with the Holy Ghost." WOW. A 9 year old! We go to church for more than a regular old snack consisting of bread an water. There's something special there. It was really heartwarming.

It's about that time again... We get transfer calls this weekend and there's an incredibly high chance I'm on my way out. I know I said that 6 weeks ago... But this time it's pretty for sure... We'll see :)

Oh! Just a New Years resolution plug. Often when I make goals, they come from a place of discouragement: Oh my goodness, remember that time I was so mean to this person. Gosh, I wish I had had more patience. I need more patience. That's my goal.

Dieter F. Utchdorf this past general conference said the following that tweeked my perspective a little: "Sometimes we feel discouraged because we are not “more” of something--more spiritual, respected, intelligent, healthy, rich, friendly, or capable. Naturally, there is nothing wrong with wanting to improve. God created us to grow and progress. But... I learned in my life that we don’t need to be “more” of anything to start to become the person God intended us to become. God will take you as you are at this very moment and begin to work with you. All you need is a willing heart, a desire to believe, and trust in the Lord."

Goals are good. But if you're seeking more patience make sure you devote more time and faith to developing and cherishing the patience you already have instead of what you lack. God loves us for what we are now and what we have the potential to become. We will succeed with Him.

Anyways! I love you all so much! Thank you all for being you :)

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Lund

Enviado desde mi iPad

There's this big tree in the center of Safford. After we went caroling with the other missionaries we went to the tree.... Only to find out there's a liiiiiiiittle hole you can climb through. So in case you were wondering what the inside of a Christmas tree looks like :)


From the half mission Christmas conference. Our Spanish people we never get to see :) ignore the awkwardness and dysfunctionality please :) 


Christmas Eve dinner with our favorite family and our favorite sisters :) they gave us 10 to-go boxes FULL of food! One entirely consisting of ham :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment