Address

Address

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 23 "We can break the cords that bind us"

Hola :)

I'm struggling to remember what happened this week...

Hna M has been really sick so our time out of the apartment has been limited... but we were able to hit mission standards of excellence for the 3rd week in a row :D So many little miracles and coincidences.

We also had zone conference with all the missionaries in the Gila Valley and New Mexico on Tuesday. It was nice to see a lot of old friends I served with in Tucson :) Plus, President and Sister Passey are absolutely legendary. Really really great conference. Learned a lot.

Mmmmm what else. Oh! We went bowling this morning :) That was fun :)

Mmmmmmm oh! this coming week is going to be absolute chaos. We put together this bi-ward TACO FIESTA NIGHT that's going down this friday. Hopefully we'll get a lot of nonmembers or less actives to come out. Should be a blast :) We just have to do all the running around and organizing, which I kind of love, but hopefully Hna M will be well enough. We've also got 3 baptisms this Saturday (wooohooo :D).

And then we also have transfer calls this Saturday as well. At this point, anything could happen. With Hna M being sick, we might get put in a trio. I probably won't leave. I feel like Hna M and I are just going to stay together and that'll be that, but WHO KNOWS :) Woohooo gotta love the suspense.

With Hna M being sick I've had a lot of time with just me, myself, my thoughts, and my scriptures :) I read the story of Alma and Amulek in Ammonihah this week (solid alliteration right there). They preached to the people and some converted. Then because of a whole bunch of nonsense, they were bound, beaten, tormented, forced to watch those converts burn, and put into prison. Ouch. And you thought you had it tough. And the scriptures say that they were put through those things for DAYS. And the whole time, God tells them to be patient and endure it well. After days, Alma just can't take it any more and he says: "How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance. And they broke the cords with which they were bound"

I find it particularly powerful that THEY broke the cords by which they were bound. No doubt, God gave them that strength, but God required him to give it all he had and then he was freed. And then a whole bunch of other cool miracles happened.

But I know that God requires a lot of us, especially when we're going through hard things. But if we have faith, and if we give it all we can, we can break the cords that bind us.

I love you all :) Read your scriptures... I promise it'll help!

Gracias por todo :)
Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment