Address

Address

Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 58 Grateful for the bad days that help us recognize the good ones.

... I just wrote THE greatest email of my mission and my iPad just froze and deleted the whole thing. So. I'll take that as a sign from the heavens that I need to learn how to be not so long winded :)

But this week was great!

Picture 1: Last Monday, Hna Rodriguez (my mini missionary comp I had for 3 weeks) got her mission call to Louisville Kentucky speaking Spanish!!!! We got to be there when she opened it and her mom gave us a LITTLE piece of cake to take home... Wish I could say we didn't eat almost all of it within 24 hours but uhh... :)

I'll save Tuesday for the big finale...

Picture 2: Wednesday we got a call from a member who needed some translation help. The member only speaks English. Gloria (the abuelita in the picture) only speaks Spanish. And she also knows EVERYTHING about medicinal plants! They've submitted some of their stuff and found it has cancer-treating properties too! The member and Gloria have been working on a book for a while so we got to help. It was tough cuz Hna Sands' Spanish is limited so I got to brush up on all my plant vocab and help cure cancer at the same time :) oh! Gloria also makes pretty paper flowers too!

Picture 3: Thursday we had exchanges. I stayed here with Hna Burgoyne. It's been getting into the 80s and 90s down here and Tucson is even hotter so we got a little excited when we found a house with a little baby patch of REAL GRASS! Haven't seen that in a while!

Picture 4: Hna Sands LOVES watermelon. We've gone through 3 in a week. We punched a hole in this one and decided it looked like Africa.

Okay. So Tuesday. The morning started off horribly. Or at least my mood was horrible. Our washer decided to gush water ALL over our floor and so we spent most of the morning sweeping and mopping it all out. It's funny how Satan works so hard to get you down right before amazing things happen.

Tuesday night we contacted a referral we had gotten from a member. The referral's name is Nancy. She's been really sick and really scared for a long time. A member explained to her what priesthood blessings are and she got so excited and requested one! So Tuesday night we go over. We thought Nancy was a less active but turns out she's not a member at all! The elders gave her and her husband two of the most powerful priesthood blessings I've ever heard/felt. The spirit was so tangible, just ringing through my bones. Nancy was pretty emotional and explained how lost she's felt as she has tried to find the right church. One of the greatest moments of my mission was getting to say "You found what you've been looking for!" She just sobbed and laughed and said "but I'm so old!" :) I love that about the gospel. You're never too old, you're never too young, you're never too rebellious for
the gospel to change you. I absolutely love that. Nancy and her husband are our newest investigators. They love the Book of Mormon and are progressing beautifully :)

I love his gospel. I'm grateful for the bad days that help us recognize the good ones. There's an old lady here named Grandma Duke. She has a British accent and stuffs us full of candy and ice cream and soda every time we visit :) we asked her how she stays happy. She said "appreciating today will help you have a happier tomorrow." Amen.

Que tenga una buena semana, mi gente! Have gratitude-filled todays and happy tomorrow's!
Hermana Lund





No comments:

Post a Comment