Address

Address

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 55 Don't forget the rain drops

Okay. So. I'm gonna try and do this week justice because I honestly feel like my entire life built up to this past Friday, April fools day. It was crazy!!!!

I'll set the scene properly though... Last weekend we had a lesson with Priscilla and the girls that introduced her to the church. It was heavy. All those girls have been through a lot. We were all just crying. Mid lesson I just had this thought, FORGET THIS. WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE. The girls all got really excited! Reality kind of set in when we realized we needed 4 recommends, a car, a driver, and a lot of faith. So we made a pact of faith. We all promised each other that we would read the Book of Mormon and pray every single day and trust that if we did our part, God would provide what we lacked and we would make it to the temple on Friday :)

So the beginning of the week went well, everyone was reading, we got 2 out of the 4 recommends we needed, our ward mission leader and another sister volunteered to take us on Friday. It was all PERFECT. Then Thursday came. I don't know why it still surprises me but Satan always works so hard RIGHT before something amazing is about to happen.

So Thursday. We went up to Tucson for a meeting which was awesome and spirit filled. As we leave we saw we had a couple missed calls from the people that had offered to drive. BOTH had gotten sick..... And they both said it was just too poorly planned, too last minute to do anything but that we would make it to the temple in a few weeks.

Those calls along with lots of other whiny things had me at the end of my rope. The whole way home I just prayed. Was our faith just insufficient? Was it our works? I got pretty mad. Or frustrated with everything. And it had been cloudy that day and I finally just said "Heavenly Father, I'm done! I can't get us to the temple by myself! I guess it's not meant to be. I give up. And I could really use some rain to help me have a better pity party. Make it POUR! Please!!!" Not 5 seconds later it starts to drizzle... Not pour. Just a drizzle. I had read something that morning about drawing strength from the earth because the earth is an expression of gods love for us. Those few drops of rain reminded me where strength truly comes from. It comes from a loving father. Those few drops of rain lit a fire in my soul. We were gonna get to the temple if it took everything I possessed.

So we continued to pray. Thursday night we got the third recommend and went to bed without a car or a driver. And then everything fell into place... Friday morning we got the final recommend. We found a member willing to donate a car. And then a member willing to pay for gas. And then a member that was willing to drive. God gives us light line upon line and precept upon precept.

We made it to the temple. And it was perfect. So rewarding. The temple truly is a refuge.

Oh, also! Friday, before we left for the temple was another sisters bday and we wanted to decorate her apartment to surprise her. So we blow up all these balloons and stick em in the car so it's filled to the brim. Then we realized we had to pass a border patrol checkpoint........ Our car looked super suspicious ..... I got so worried. We were running short on time and energy and I was not in the mood to get stopped by BP. So we pulled over and prayed... We roll up the to checkpoint and the guy pauses and looks in the back. "Uhhhh... Do you have anyone back there?" "No :)" ".... Are you sure?" "Yeah?" ....... "I'm just kidding, have a good day, sisters!" .............. HE WAS A MEMBER! :) total miracle. While I was sweating bullets, the lord was setting everything up, perfectly. We managed to celebrate a birthday and make it to the temple :)

Friday night, Hna R also went home so I'm in a trio this weekend, back in my first area with one of my old comps. It's been really nice. I get my new companion tomorrow.... And I'm training! Wooohoooooo... Mixed emotions about that one. But if this week has taught me anything it's that if we continue in faith and obedience the Lord will give us strength and provide the way. I know that.

This email's already long enough, but conference was amazing too! It was powerful to feel the spirit of these servants of God as I looked into their eyes as they spoke. Amazing!!!!

I love you all!! Don't forget the rain drops!
Hermana Lund

Enviado desde mi iPad


We might have sneakily watched the priesthood session with a turtle...  :) he was not happy.




1. Early morning view will never get old :)
2. This begins the adventure known as Friday... We had the car filled to the brim with balloons ready for Sis H's birthday surprise :)
3. Mission accomplished
4. Last comp picture with Hna R
5. :)
6-8. Gilbert temple :')









No comments:

Post a Comment