Address

Address

Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 54 With Great Responsibility Comes Incredible Blessings

Buenos dias :)

HAPPY BELATED EASTER!!!

Priscilla's baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of the chaos and more led up to Saturday but she was baptized and it was perfect :) The spirit was so strong even with lots of choas. She said she felt like a new person! And then she got the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday!! What a perfect way to celebrate Easter :)

We also got a new bishopric in the English ward after a MONTH without a bishop. It's about time! And it was well worth the wait :) They're all really humble men. Genuine. Missionary-minded. They'll do a great job!

What else? Hmmmm well, grandpa's been doing really good :) It's amazing! He has been in an amazingly good mood for the past few weeks! Coincidence that those are the weeks he went to church? I THINK NOT!

Sister Rodriguez is a champ. We've laughed a lot this week. We've also cried a lot this week. I won't get into specifics but sometimes missionary work breaks your heart. When we are baptized we promise to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that need comfort. Missionary work has allowed me to try and do that on a completely different level. It makes me think of the women's conference this past weekend: All about service! SOOO GOOD!!!!!! We must help those around us and share their burdens. "The Lord has laid a high responsibility upon us." With great responsibility comes incredible blessings.

Hna R will probably get her mission call this week (fingers crossed!!) so that'll be special! But she has to get back to reality this weekend so starting Friday I'll be in a trio up in Tucson (probably. It wouldn't be my life if there wasn't a little twist in there). Hopefully I'll be with one of my old companions and in my first area so that'll be nice! I'll be there Friday-Tuesday. Saturday we get transfer calls and I'll find out about my new companion :) I'll pick her up on Tuesday and all will go back to "normal."

Can I just say I am STOKED for conference! Like, incredibly excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like such a dork. With the challenge from our mission president we've been teaching Lesson 1 (The Restoration), or a part of it, every single day. When you talk about the blessings of modern day prophets and revelation for 30 days in a row, it gets you a little bit giddy! Plus I've been trying to reach my goal of reading all of last conference before this one. I was a little behind so I feel like I've been drinking out of a fire hydrant... it's AWESOME! :)

Conference always makes me think of home. It reminds me of all of us squishing on the little blue couches, mom knitting, dad valiantly trying not to doze off, linda doodling, and me somehow always getting stuck sorting through the bottomless sock box. It was the best :) The gospel truly does bless families :) And what a blessing general conference is. It is a form of scripture. It is God's words completely up to date revealed by His incredible servants. Just because it comes to us with a click of a mouse doesn't diminish it's value in comparison to the book of mormon or the bible. All revelation has required work and sacrifice. And all revelation can bring about miracles if we do our part.

So. Go to conference prepared! Go with questions, a game plan, and an open heart. I will try to do the same :)

I love you all! Have an amazing life-changing week and weekend! Be good :)


Hermana Lund


1. Hna Rodriguez, Grandpa, and Max :)
2. Elders sometimes...
3. As Priscilla said, this is the OLD Priscilla!
4. And this is the NEW Priscilla :) the girls next to Hna R are the ones that introduced Priscilla to the church. They're AMAZING.
5-end. We had Easter dinner with all of them yesterday... The highlight was when Priscilla changed her religion on Facebook :)












No comments:

Post a Comment