Address

Address

Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 51 Exercising faith in The All-Powerful

Hola familia :)

Crazy crazy week. Never a dull moment.

We've been working a lot with less actives and recent converts. I'm not sure if that's the cause or effect but our investigator pool has been pretty limited to a few people that we've felt like we've just been dragging along.

So last Sunday we went in to ward council and were completely honest with everyone. We tried to be as dignified as possible but we essentially said, "We need to find investigators and we can't do it alone. HELP!"

Well. Ask and ye shall receive :) The next day we got a referral from our bishop! A really close family friend. (No pressure right). We contacted her on Tuesday and she is incredible!!!!!! So prepared. So kind. She was just sobbing in the lesson. Such a miracle.

Then on Saturday us and the elders got 10 referrals!!!! It was like Christmas!

We got to contact a bunch of them! One of them is a member's girlfriend. Her name is Priscilla :) She's 16. So kind. So sweet. So willing. In Preach My Gospel it encourages missionaries to invite investigators to be baptized in the first lesson. I've done it before but most of the time the person is like "Wow! Hold up! Uhhhh I feel like I need to learn more!" So then we say "it's just a goal to work towards" and sometimes they're more comfortable with the idea. But with Priscilla, we invited her to be baptized and she just said YES! First time in my whole mission. Crazy!

Friday was my one year mark. Absolutely insane. It made me think... I haven't had a good nap in 365 days. I haven't listened to the radio in 365 days. I haven't gotten a hug from my family in 365 days. Then I thought in contrast... I've been serving the Lord for 365 days. I have read my scriptures and said my prayers for 365 days. I've been learning spanish for 365 days. I've been sharing the closest thing to my heart for 365 days.

Sis H had a meeting in Tucson so I got to spend Friday with my old comp Hna B (the one I was just with for 4.5 months). And to make it even better she's serving in my very first area :) it was cool to be back in that same car, same apartment a year later as a completely different person.

I've been thinking a lot about power this past week.

The power of God (priesthood)
The power of Jesus Christ (atonement)
The power of Holy Ghost (revelation)
The power we have been given (agency)

There is so much power we have access to. I think that's why so much of the church is based on living worthy of the priesthood, accessing the atonement, receiving revelation, and using our agency well. Those 4 things cover just about everything.

As we use the power we have been given we will be able to recognize, receive, and continue on with power a lot greater than our own. 2 Nephi 27:23 says: "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today and forever" (we've been blessed with scriptures that prove that) "and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." As we exercise faith in The All-Powerful we will experience miracles. I see that every single day.

I love you all :) I hope you all feel a little more empowered. If not, have faith and the power to continue on and continue up will come :)

LOS QUIERO CON TODO MI CORAZON!
Hermana Lund


1-2. Remember the puppies from a few weeks ago? Well... They opened their eyes :')
3. Note the Polaroid in the back... Figured out I'm not super great at taking Polaroid selfies. But the other one was after we set a baptismal date of the 26th with Priscilla :) we were a little excited




No comments:

Post a Comment