Address

Address

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 35 Our Pet, George

This week was crazy once again!!

Tuesday we had... an incident... We were getting ready for bed. Hermana B was in the bathroom and I was in the bedroom. All of a sudden she starts screaming!!!!!!!!!! I run in, thinking she's dying and then we see.... George. Yup. We named him. The biggest spider I have ever seen in my entire life just camped out on our bathroom wall! Turns out he was a baby tarantula :) We ended up calling the elders that live around the corner. Hna B only asked them two questions... "How fast can you get here?" and "Can you come now?" They come RUSHING over thinking we were dead. We met em outside and they were all frantic and concerned... They were a little bit mad when they found out it was just a spider :P But they caught him for us and George is now our district pet :) He's currently in a mason jar in our truck with an "I'm a Child of God" sticker on it :) Pretty sure he's dead....

On a more spiritual note... We've been visiting this woman for a few months now. She's working to transition from the english ward to the spanish branch. She has been less active for most of her life. One day she woke up and decided she wanted to start back up and learn everything from scratch! We're currently in the middle of a BOM reading challenge with her and she is absolutely beating our butts. She's amazing :) Anyways. She has a lot of physical problems but we had been planning on November 15th as the day she would come to the Spanish Branch :)

Right before sacrament meeting started we got a text from her saying she wasn't feeling very well and sadly she wouldn't be able to make it. We were a little disappointed but we knew she had a good reason. Halfway through the meeting...... SHE WALKS IN :D She told us, "A promise is a promise. I asked Heavenly Father to make me well enough to come to church and he did." :') She had a wonderful experience. Her father used to serve in the branch presidency of our branch and so she met a lot of people who knew him. She was cryin and cryin and cryin. Man, it was beautiful. She said it felt like coming home :)

To be honest, when I first got to this area it was tough to love. But here I am 17 weeks later and it breaks my heart to think about leaving. It really does feel like home...

We had our regular interviews with president this past week and he essentially told me that I'm on my way out. He wouldn't tell me where I'm going but he said to just have faith :) We'll get calls this weekend so next Monday will be my last day here, most likely.

But yeah :) The church is true. No matter what. (Yup, that one's for you mom!) Just have faith. Have enough faith to give it a shot. Have enough faith to ask questions. Have enough faith that you will receive answers. Just have faith that it will all be okay :)

Tenga fe y tenga una buena semana!
Hermana Lund






No comments:

Post a Comment