Address

Address

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 31 Priesthood Blessings

Hey everyone :)

This week I had a really special experience. Life out here is a little nuts :) so I've been debating getting a priesthood blessing for a while now. I went back and forth all last transfer and after praying
and some studying I decided to hold off. I'm a big believer in putting your best foot forward in faith rather than waiting around for a glorious sign from above. Anyways! So this week I got the prompting that I should actually get a priesthood blessing. Now. In everyone's testimony of the gospel there are key points of strength; points that you can rely on when your faith falters elsewhere. For example, I don't know if we really lived with God before we came to earth. That could be a struggle for me. But, I know that when I pray I feel good. And that good feeling is Gods love. And if God is our loving father, I suppose it makes sense that we lived with him before. Anyways. The
priesthood is a huge key point for me. I cannot deny the feelings I have felt as righteous priesthood power has been exercised in my life. So. I don't like to abuse or overuse the gift of receiving priesthood blessings. Keep it special, ya know? But finally I felt like it was time. Not because I was in complete turmoil in every part of my life, but because I felt ready and worthy to listen.

Finally, I got up the courage to call our district leader. This is our third transfer serving together so we've gotten really close. He is currently training a brand new missionary named elder brown :) As I
prayed to know if a priesthood blessing was the right step for me, the spirit was clear. Ask Elder Brown. Silly spirit, I met elder brown yesterday! But it was really clear. So I asked him :)

It was the first blessing he has ever given. It was short. It was sweet. It was genuine. And it was exactly what I needed. The could feel the few words he spoke were inspired and came directly from a
power who knew me much better than an elder that I met 2 days previously. It was amazing.

Other than that, life is good :) we've got another baptism this Friday :) she's 8 years old and got a little lisp and stutter. She is really the sweetest. It's amazing that little kids know and understand enough
to say "this is good. This is true. I'm in!" :)

Here's a picture of a cow we bonded with :) his name is Bessy. Yup. He. :)

Life is good. The church is true and that's all that really matters :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Ladies: Find righteous ways to use the priesthood in your life :)
Gentlemen: The priesthood matters. Stay worthy. You never know when
you'll have to use it :)
¡Hasta la próxima semana!
Hermana Lund

Enviado desde mi iPad










No comments:

Post a Comment