Address

Address

Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 4 "My coolness confirmed by a homeless man"

HEY :)

Funny story of the week: The other day we were walking and we had to send a text to one of our investigators... Hna Ellis is the designated driver (still haven't gotten green dotted yet.... but soon!!!) so I'm the designated texter. So I start typing away on our phone from 1999 and I WALK INTO A POLE. Well, it was a big old metal box attached to a pole. But yeah. Hurt my pride and my head a bit but we had a good laugh :)

Another funny story!! Last night we were driving to an appointment and we saw this homeless man in a wheelchair just cruising down the middle of the road. He got a lil stuck on a speedbump so we pulled over and offered to help him out :) Took about 3 seconds to figure out he was partially intoxicated and an absolute firecracker! We talked to him for a while, shared a quick gospel message and Hna Ellis said, "well, we should probably get going..." (cuz it was getting dark and two girls in South Tucson after dark is a death wish :D ) And this guy just looked at her and got really sad. And he said "You're not cool!!! You're not the cool one! SHE (pointing to me) is the cool one!!!!! I'm gonna put her around my neck and we're gonna go for a ride!" hahahah I told him maybe next time... He seemed to be okay with that :) So, if any of you had doubts about my level of coolness it's been confirmed by a homeless man from Tucson!

I honestly don't know where the time goes! We're always busy and have stuff to do, but I've never felt really overwhelmed or stressed. At least not stressed in the same way as I would get back home or at school. Out here it's all about "How can I help this person really by happy and be with their family forever?" It's a whooooooooole different level of responsibility but thus far, pretty stress free :)

During a lesson with our investigator Nadia (:D she's awesome!!), her boyfriend looked at us and said... "You guys are always smiling!" We were like "awww wow, thank you so much!" and he was like "no... like it's like an awkward smile though......" Welp. Thanks? hahaha It's kinda crazy though. There's no logical reason we should be happy and energetic and enthusiastic about the gospel. We wake up at 6:15 every day. We walk around and get doors slammed in our face. We pray and pray and pray and pray for these people to have a desire to come to church and to learn more and then they cancel appointments and we never hear from them again. It's horribly depressing! Yet I feel the complete opposite!!

Our mission is making a huge switch to have more effective Weekly Planning and Daily Planning. (Every week we talk about individuals and what we generally want to accomplish and then every night before bed we plan out the specifics of what we're gonna do). Sounds easy enough, right? Well. As a mission we've kind of been slacking off on this. So they're telling us to wake up and get to work! Weekly planning used to take about 2-3 hours....... This week it took 7.5!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness. It was crazy! How can you talk about other people for 7.5 hours you may ask? Well. This new system of planning involves 3 steps. 1) vision 2) plan 3) scheduling. And I've been shocked about how applicable this system is to our lives. In trainings they said that this is an eternal principle.

1) vision. So apply this to yourself. What's your next big goal? Survive finals, make it to the temple, have 30 kids, whatever. Now what do you see as a part of that? Do you see yourself sitting in a library studying, managing your time well, getting lots of sleep, studying your scriptures daily, serving others. What do you see? What do you feel?

2) plan. Whatcha gonna do to make it happen??

3) schedule. When are you gonna do it??

This system is just so applicable to eternal life!! We can live with Heavenly Father again!

1) What do you imagine heaven looks like? Who are you with? What do you do? What do you feel? What have you learned?

2) How do you make that happen? How do you form those relationships with those you'll be with for eternity? What habits can you form now to change your life after you die?

3) DO IT NOW!

Change, learn, grow! I've talked about this before.. but I have been growing SO much! It's addicting and I've never been happier :) I LOVE Alma 5: 7-8, 26.

7 Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold,they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word; yea, they were encircled about by the bands of death, and the chains of hell, and an everlasting destruction did await them.

8 And now I ask of you, my brethren, were they destroyed? Behold, I say unto you, Nay, they were not.

26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

In the midst of darkness, never loose your vision of light. Allow your heart to be changed by God himself. Pray to him for guidance and I know you will receive answers. And when those hard days come, "Can ye feel so now?" Can you feel the love and peace you have felt previously?

I love you all so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay amazing :) Thank you for all the love and support. I wouldn't be here without you guys...

TE AMO MUCHO!
Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment